This recipe is from my Thrive Life friend, Holly.
These are yummy whole wheat biscuit squares that are super healthy and easy to make from food storage ingredients. Your family will hardly notice the whole wheat. They’re sort of like a big, fat ‘Cheeze-it’ crackers!
4 Cups whole wheat flour ( I grind Hard White Winter Wheat to make my flour.)
2 TBSP + 1 tsp baking powder
1 ½ Cup THRIVE Shortening Powder
1 tsp. salt
1 Cup THRIVE Cheese Blend
1 to 2 tsp. coarsely ground pepper (More if you like it to bite)
2 tsp. Paprika
½ Cup THRIVE Nonfat Milk
2 Cups water
1 tsp THRIVE powdered eggs, reconstituted with 2 tsp water in small dish
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Lightly grease large baking sheet. Set aside.
3. In large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
4. Make a well in center. Add water and stir only till moistened. Add additional water only as necessary to make all stick together.
5. Turn dough out onto baking sheet. Divide dough into half.
6. Press or roll each out into a square, 1 inch thick, using flour as necessary. Using a ruler or sharp knife, divide into 9 squares, approx 2 x 2 inches each.
7. Brush tops with egg mixture. Arrange on baking sheet.
8. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes till done. Makes 18 square biscuits.
9. To re-heat: Wrap in foil and reheat in 325 degree oven for about 10 mins or until warm.