At first, I wasn’t eager to try Sausage Crumbles. The concept seemed strange — crunchy pieces of sausage. What an odd concept!
The first time I tried Sausage Crumbles, after being convinced by my Thrive Life friend, Holly, was on pizza. I rehydrated a handful of the Crumbles in warm water, drained them, squeezed out the excess water in a paper towel, and then sprinkled them over the top of my pizza. My family loved the flavor and said there was no difference between this sausage and what I would have bought from the store.
A nice added feature is that the sausage is already cooked, leaving one less greasy stovetop and skillet to deal with!
Since then, I’ve stocked up on several cans of Sausage Crumbles and one year gave a can as a gift to my prepper-minded nephew!
Here are just a few of the ways you can put these Crumbles to work in your own kitchen. Be sure to rehydrate first, unless otherwise noted.
- Add to bread or cornbread stuffing
- Add to white gravy for a biscuits & gravy meal
- Add 1/2 cup to 1 cup of rehydrated Crumbles to meatloaf or meatball mixture for something more flavorful.
- Throw a handful into any soup. The Crumbles will not need to be rehydrated first as long as the soup contains enough liquid.
- Use as a pizza topping
- Add to any pasta meal — baked ziti, for example.
- Add to a potato dish, such as potatoes au gratin or hash browns.
- Use as a filling for omelets or mix in with scrambled eggs
- Include some Crumbles in the meat mixture filling for tacos or burritos.
- Eat right out of the can for a savory snack
- Add to a quiche recipe
- Combine with beef flavored TVP for a super-low budget meat added to any and all of the previous dishes.
- Take a Pantry Can of Sausage Crumbles on your next camping, hunting, or backpack trip for a very lightweight, ready-to-eat protein source.
Add a can or two, or an entire case, to your next Thrive Life order! This is a super versatile and tasty product that I recommend.
Are you a Thrive Life fan, too?
Let me help you plan your food storage pantry!
I'll send you my "Top 14 Tips For a Balanced Pantry" and occasional notices of Thrive Life sales and other promotions because I'm a fan, too!
Pingback: THRIVE Express Meals: A Tutorial | Thrive Life With The Survival Mom
Pingback: The 3 Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why - Important Update - Survival Mom
Pingback: The Food Storage Companies I Recommend and Why – New Mom Tested